3 Days Mombasa Safari to Ngutuni, Ngangao Forest and Taita Hills
Day 1: Mombasa - Ngutuni - Wundanyi
Depart Mombasa after breakfast and drive along the Mombasa - Nairobi road to Ngutuni Wildlife Sanctuary bordering Tsavo East national from the south. Game drive enroute to Ngutuni Lodge for lunch. After lunch drive to Wundanyi enjoying the beautiful scenery with good views of sagala Hills, Vuria Hills, Mbololo hills and visit a local primary school built on the hills before arriving at Taita Rocks Hotel for check in and overnight HB
View of the misty Taita Hills, Wundanyi - click on thumbnails to view larger images of Ngutuni, Ngangao Forest and Taita Hills Safari
Day 2: Full Day forest trail and scenery enjoyment with picnic lunch in the Ngangao Forest.
Ngangao Forest is one of the few remaining indigenous cloud forest fragments of the Taita Hills, Kenya. It is located on a rock surrounded by the villages of Makandenyi, Maghimbinyi, Mgambonyi and Kitumbi. It lies 10 km from Wundanyi. With its 120 hectares (297 acres), Ngangao is the second largest forest and one of the lesser disturbed forests of the Taita Hills. As a result, it is a stronghold for many plant and animal species. The three endemic birds species of the Taita Hills (Taita Thrush Turdus (olivaceus) helleri, Taita Apalis Apalis (thoracica) fuscigularis and Taita White-eye Zosterops (poliogaster) silvanus) occur in relative large numbers and some plants (e.g. Zimmermannia ovata) are only found in the dryer parts of Ngangao forest.
Visit a primary school on your way back to your Hotel for Dinner and overnight FB
Day 3: Ngangao Forest - Taita Hills Game Sanctuary
Early morning drive to Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary for a game drive. Taita Hills is a sanctuary covering an area of 280,000 acres (1,100 km2), and is adjacent to Tsavo West National Park and the LUMO Community Wildlife Sanctuary. It hosts Cape buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, masai giraffe, zebra, Coke’s hartebeast, impala, waterbuck, Thomson's gazelle, lesser kudu, dik-dik, and other smaller animals, including a great diversity of birdlife.
Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary was established in 1972 by Hilton International.  The sanctuary has two lodges, the Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge and the Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge, both operated by Sarova Hotels.
Lunch will be served at Taita Hills Lodge. After lunch drive back to Mombasa arriving at your Hotel in the evening
End of our Services
Price in EUROS per Person
2 pax : 473 | 4 pax : 358 | 6 pax : 310
All Seasons 2014/2015
- All transport and game drives on road safaris will be in a minibus (with 6 guaranteed window seats) with English/Italian/German speaking safari-guide on shared basis
- All Meals and accommodation as specified on the itinerary
- All park fees and government taxes
- Unlimited bottled mineral on game drives
- Flying Doctors Service (Air Ambulance insurance)
- Free transport to a local school for humanitarian support, recommended to carry exercise books 48 pages, 96 pages, biro pens, pencil, footballs, volley balls, skipping ropes etc
- Visas and international flights
- Airport taxes (clients pay direct)
- Safari-guide gratuities and tips
- Drinks and Beverages, Dining rooms tips and porter age
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature