Mara Sopa Lodge
The Mara Sopa Lodge is set in the Oloolaimutia valley within the Ngama Hills and on the edge of the Masai Mara National Reserve. The Mara Sopa has been sympathetically built in traditional Masai style and its location provides ample opportunity for game viewing within the park, which is only a short drive away. The forested slopes of the Ngama Hills provides one of the more likely places to view the Mara’s 20 or so black rhino as well as offering some great elephant sightings on the fringes of the forest.
Accommodation in Mara Sopa Lodge
The lodge has 90 'roundavel' (round huts) rooms, all of which have en-suite bathroom. Every room has a private, elevated verandah on which guests can relax and enjoy the views. Mini-bars are also available in each room along with 24 hour electricity.
Mara Sopa Lodge room
Facilities at the Mara Sopa Lodge
Facilities available include;
- Direct-dial telephone facilities
- Satellite television
- Freeform, fresh-water pool, which offers spectacular views over the valley
- Guest shop stocks a wide selection of curios and gift items
Mara Sopa Lodge swimming pool
Activities to engage in while staying at the Mara Sopa Lodge
Activities available through reception include;
- Balloon safaris offering guests the opportunity to view the Masai Mara plains as the sun rises.
- Visits to Masai Manyatta to learn about the Masai way of life.
- Other activities at the Mara Sopa Lodge include; walking safaris, bush breakfasts and sundowner cocktail parties.
Mara Sopa Lodge public area