Sarova Stanley Hotel - Nairobi
Location and Description of The Sarova Stanley Hotel
The Sarova Stanley Hotel is a significant and luxurious landmark in the center of Nairobi city. As Kenya's first luxury hotel, The Stanley Sarova Hotel has always occupied a special place in Nairobi's heart. From the days it opened its doors in 1902, it has been making history hosting royal safaris, ground breaking business events and a long line of living legends. From the moment you pass through the century old revolving doors, you leave the heat and bustle of modern Nairobi for a world of cool Victorian elegance.
Sarova Stanley Hotel Lobby
Accommodation at the Sarova Stanley Hotel
The Sarova Stanley Hotel offers 217 luxurious rooms - the largest in Nairobi. the room at the Stanley Hotel offer a blend of Victorian grandeur and comfort with all the practical amenities of the 21st Century. The Club Rooms are the most spacious rooms in the hotel and offer pure indulgence such as, luxury bathrobes and slippers, deluxe toiletries and daily room courtesies.
Sarova Stanley Hotel Club Room
The expansive executive rooms at The Stanley Hotel have spacious bedrooms, walk-in wardrobes, en suite lounges and two bathrooms, while the upper floors offer new heights of luxury in the sumptuous Presidential, Penthouse and State suites.
Room Amenities at the Sarova Stanley Hotel in Nairobi Kenya
All rooms at the Sarova Stanley Hotel, Nairobi have the following features:
- In-room safe
- 24 HR Room Service
- Non-smoking Floors and Rooms
- Wake-up Service
- Bath, Shower and WC
- Colour-Coded Rooms Security and Safety
- In-room safe Sprinkler Systems and smoke detectors
- Sound-Proofing (Double glazed Windows) Automatic Self Locking Doors
- Mains 220V Magnetic Strip Card Key System
- Mini-Bar, Refrigerator Security Guard on each floor
- Blackout Curtains
- Free modem access
Sarova Stanley Hotel Roof-top Swimming Pool
Dinning at the Sarova Stanley Hotel in Nairobi
The Sarova Stanley hotel offers the following restaurants;
- The Thorn Tree Cafe is a legendary open-air, bistro style pavement cafe and is most famous for its message board located at the centre of the restaurant. Legend purports that the Thorn tree cafe - named for a single centrally situated Acacia tree - became a makeshift post box for travelers who left mail pinned onto its trunk. 'Tree mail' endures despite email and the Thorn tree Cafe flourishes as the crossroads of Africa. The Thorn Tree Cafe has a deli counter, serves pizzas from a wood-fired oven, fresh juices, beers, the widest range of coffees and a varied menu which includes popular continental and nouvelle dishes.
Sarova Stanley Hotel Thorn Tree Cafe
- Thai Chi: Thai Chi is the most authentic Thai restaurant in East Africa and one of Nairobi's most elegant dining establishments. With its traditional Thai decor and delectable Thai specialties are prepared by experienced chefs from Thailand.
- The Exchange Bar: once the site of Nairobi's first Stock Exchange, from 1954 until 1991. In 1922. The Exchange Bar retains the feel of a traditional English Gentleman's club with its decor while exuding a casual elegance and warm atmosphere that provides a lively meeting place for people from all walks of life.
- Pool Deck Restaurant: The Pool Deck Restaurant on the fifth floor is a little bit of the coast in the heart of the city. It's a light, bright, buffet style restaurant with al fresco dining by the swimming pool. It serves Kenyan specialties as well as popular continental and Asian dishes.
- In-Room Dining: The Sarova Stanley hotel offers 24-hours room service with a special In-Room Dining menu