Location and Description of Southern Sun Mayfair Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn Hotel) - Nairobi
The Holiday Inn Hotel - Nairobi is a historic hotel, formerly the Mayfair Court Hotel, enjoyed its early heyday in 1940's Colonial Kenya. Despite being purchased by the Bass Hotels Group, the hotel still retains its distinctive architecture and lush gardens. Holiday Inn Hotel Nairobi straddles the affluent business and residential suburbs of Westlands and Parklands. It is located 5 minutes' drive from the city center and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The Holiday Inn Nairobi is a 4 star hotel.
The Holiday Inn is a low-rise hotel spread over some extensive gardens with mature cacti, palms and other trees.
Accommodations at the Southern Sun Mayfair Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn Hotel) - Nairobi
Each of the 171 rooms at the Holiday Inn Nairobi has a private bathroom, telephone, TV and tea and coffee making facilities as standard features.
The are 3 levels of rooms; guest rooms, executive club level and suites. A reading desk, lamp and safe are standard features in all the rooms. There is reliable high speed internet connectivity in all the rooms although an extra charge applies.
Some rooms have been reserved for non-smokers and paraplegics and the entire hotel has disabled access.
Services and Amenities at the Southern Sun Mayfair Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn Hotel) - Nairobi
Holiday Inn Nairobi's services and amenities include the following;
- Recreation facilities including a health and fitness center, a sauna and 2 outdoor pools.
- The hotel has 2 excellent restaurants. Besides the Holiday Inn's legendary breakfast, Oasis Restaurant, located next to the pool deck, serves some scrumptious lunch and dinner. And, meat lovers should make a date with the Golden Spur Steak Ranch restaurant, which is famous for its succulent steaks and spare ribs.
- The business center offers everything from photocopying and secretarial services to computer rental and high speed internet
- Babysitting can be provided on request
- Travel services that offer airline, car rental, tour and foreign currency exchange.