Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge Game Viewing
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is located within the Tsavo West National Park ( a short drive from the main Mtito Andei Gate), which lies 280 kilometres from Nairobi. Kilaguni Serena safari Lodge, one of the first lodges ever to be built in a national park, is a classic stone-built lodge is superbly situated in the lee of Mount Kilimanjaro and sheltered by the volcanic splendor of the Chyulu Hills. Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge overlooks its own water hole, which is visited daily by elephants, buffalos and a wide variety of plains game., the lodge is cool, tranquil and hushed for optimum game-viewing. It is also ideally placed for visits to all the park’s prime attractions.
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge Restaurant
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge features a thatched central dining area and a rock-built bar, with a viewing terrace looking directly down on to the waterhole.
Accommodation at the Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
All the spacious en-suite rooms have their own verandas, some overlooking the waterhole, some the Chyulu Hills, which are one of the world’s youngest volcanic ranges.
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge Accommodation
Accommodation at the Kilaguni Serena Lodge consists of;
- 56 rooms (inclusive of 5 suites: all non-smoking)
- Central dining room overlooking the water hole
- Rock-built bar overlooking the water hole
- Dedicated bush dining area
- Garden swimming pool and sundeck
- Gift shop and business centre
- Guided nature walks or bird-watching walks
- Dinner in the bush, breakfast on Lion Rock
- Sundowners on Roaring Rocks
- African theme nights
- Special dietary needs catered for with advance notification
- Complete wedding planning service
- Honeymoon suite
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge Nature Walk
As for activities, the lodge offers numerous game drives, guided walks, bush breakfasts, volcano climbs and trips to Mzima Springs, a set of crystal-clear ponds, fed by the melt waters of Mount Kilimanjaro, in which the many hippos can be viewed from a submerged chamber.