Taita Hills Game Lodge
Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge is located at the main entrance to the Taita Hills Sanctuary in South Eastern Kenya, 400 km from Nairobi and 200 km from Mombasa. A one hour flight from Nairobi or 30 min from Mombasa by private charter lands at the Lodge’s own airstrip. Taita Hills Game Sanctuary is a 3 hour drive from Mombasa and a 6 hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads.
Located at the main entrance to the Sanctuary, Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge is an inviting stone building of 60 spacious rooms and two suites, all with their own private viewing balcony commanding views of the adjacent Taita Hills or the well maintained gardens and surrounding Sanctuary. At night, floodlights illuminate the swimming pool and gardens and provide an opportunity to see any wildlife in the vicinity. It is not uncommon to see elephants daily at the watering hole next to the swimming pool.
Taita Hills Game Lodge Swimming pool
In addition to the rooms and suites, the Lodge has a Main Restaurant, Bar & Lounge and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. The Lodge has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. There is a gift shop, fuel station and business center.
Accommodation at the Taita Hills Game Lodge
All rooms at Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge are equipped with ensuite bathrooms with permanent showers and WC, running hot & cold water and 240V power.
Taita Hills Game Lodge Accommodation
Suites (2): The elegantly furnished 1 bed-roomed suites are spacious with a lounge area and well appointed bathrooms.
Standard Rooms (60): Rooms at the Lodge are with double, twin or triple beds depending on room type. All rooms have a private viewing balcony commanding views of the adjacent Taita Hills or the well maintained gardens and surrounding Sanctuary. The elegantly furnished rooms are spacious with a sitting area and well appointed bathrooms.
Dinning at the Taita Hills Game Lodge
Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge excels in the freshness and quality of its food which is supported by the Lodge’s own vegetable and herb garden.
- Chala Restaurant: The Main restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with live cooking counters preparing specialty dishes. Cuisine includes Pan-African, Pan-European and Pan-Asian. The Salad buffet has a wide variety of salads using the fresh ingredients and herbs from the Lodge’s own vegetable and herb garden. The Dessert buffet has a selection of mouthwatering desserts. Vegetarian dishes are always available, and guests with any special dietary requirements are also catered for. The restaurant has a capacity of 200 people.
- The Lobby Bar: The Bar is the ideal place to relax and unwind with specials or old favorites from the well stocked bar. The Bar also offers an eclectic selection of new world and classical wines.
Taita Hills Game Lodge Restaurant
- Champagne Breakfast: A unique experience of dining in the wilderness on a sumptuous breakfast accompanied with champagne. The Breakfast includes live cooking against the backdrop of the Taita Hills and grassy plains of the Sanctuary.
- Bush Dinners: The beautiful landscape sets the backdrop for a bush dinner at Kudu Point, the highest location in the Sanctuary. Spectacular sunsets and magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Picnic Hamper: For guests who want to enjoy longer game drives, the lodge offers a picnic hamper with light meals and beverages.