Salt lick lodge
Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is located in the heart of the private Taita Hills Sanctuary bordering Tsavo West National Park in South Eastern Kenya, 400 kms from Nairobi and 200 kms from Mombasa. A one hour flight from Nairobi or 30 mins from Mombasa by private charter lands at the Lodge’s own airstrip. The Sanctuary is a 3 hour drive from Mombasa and a 6 hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads.
Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is a truly unique concept consisting of 96 rooms elevated on stilts, each overlooking a waterhole and linked by suspended walkways. At night, the waterholes are floodlit ensuring that you enjoy an uninterrupted view of the numerous animals arriving to quench their thirst.
The elevated Restaurant and the Bar a level higher, also offer stunning views of the sanctuary and the ideal vantage points to view game.
Accommodation at the Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge
All rooms at Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge are equipped with ensuite bathrooms with permanent showers and WC, running hot & cold water and 240V power. Rooms have double, twin or triple beds depending on room type.
Salt lick lodge room
All rooms have views of watering holes. The rooms are luxuriously furnished with well appointed bathrooms.
Dinning at the Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge
Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge offers the following bars and restaurants
Salt lick lodge restaurant
- Bura Restaurant: Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge's main restaurant, overlooks the lodge's water holes and serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cuisine includes pan-African, pan-European and pan-Asian.
- Vuria Bar: Adjoining shaded terrace above the Bura Restaurant, the vuria Bar provides spectacular views of the main waterhole and surrounding grasslands, and is the perfect place to relax and have your favorite cocktail or coffee while watching the wildlife below.
- Champagne Breakfast: A unique experience of dining in the wilderness on a sumptuous breakfast accompanied with champagne. The Breakfast includes live cooking against the backdrop of the Taita Hills and grassy plains of the Sanctuary.
- Bush Dinners: The beautiful landscape sets the backdrop for a bush dinner at Kudu Point, the highest location in the Sanctuary. Spectacular sunsets and magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro – weather permitting – compliment a truly unique experience as you sip sundowners and experience a barbeque in the wild, accompanied by a trio of local musicians.
- Picnic Hamper: For guests who want to enjoy longer game drives, the lodge offers a picnic hamper with light meals and beverages.