- Tsavo East National Park is one of the largest wildlife parks in Kenya.
- Large herds of dust-red elephants can be seen all over the park
- Home predators like Lion, Cheetah, Leopard, Serval Cats, Jackal among others
- Lots of grazers can be seen like impala, Thomson’s Gazelle, Grants Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Buffalo…
- Abundant Bird life over 500 species recorded
- Attractions at Tsavo East National Park; the Yatta Plateau (300 Kilometers), Aruba Dam (attracts many animals & birds), Mudanda Rock, Lugard Falls (series of white water rapids on the Galana River)
Safari in Details
1 Day Tsavo East Safari – Day Trip Itinerary
Departure for your 1 day Tsavo East safari from Mombasa will be 5.00am.
Drive along the main Mombasa- Nairobi Highway to the inland through semi-arid country to Tsavo East National Park, one of the world’s greatest wildlife sanctuaries, the wildlife of Tsavo east includes a wide variety of species including elephant, lion, cheetah, buffalo, Oryx, lesser kudu, hippo, zebra, giraffe, cheetah, lion and plain game of almost every kind, not to mention that Tsavo east is rich in birdlife.
While on this 1 day safari you will shortly visit Aruba dam, which is situated at the center of the park where concentration of wildlife and bird life can be viewed.
Proceed to Voi Safari Lodge or similar for lunch and have short rest before starting another extended game drive leaving Tsavo late in the afternoon, arriving in your hotel late in the evening.
What’s Not Included